Friday, July 1, 2011

IGN's Top 100 Modern Games 69-60

Here's more goodness of IGN's top 100.

Game #69
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise
Released: September 2, 2008


I have spent a few hours playing this game.  This is a cute little game where you can raise Pinatas and have them do stuff.   Or wack them and take their candy.




Game #68
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
Released: September 14, 2009


Never played this...  Looks interesting though. 



Game #67
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Released: November 21, 2010


Another game I just couldn't get into.  I was never a fan of the Donkey Kong games.   For me, they are fun to watch, not to play.


Game #66
Picross DS
Released: July 30, 2007


If I knew what this was, I'd tell you.  I never heard of this until today.



Game #65
Mega Man 9
Released: September 22, 2008


Mega Man!!!  I love all that is Mega Man.  The games (to me) are still stupidly hard.  They expect you to beat the entire game, not get hit once and only use your main gun to get a 20 point achievement.  F*** that!  :)




Game #64
Burnout Paradise
Released: January 22, 2008


You drive in an open world, you race, you get better cars, blah blah blah.  For what it is, it's fun and worth the $20.



Game #63
Fable II
Released: October 21, 2008


Here's a game where I bought the DLC and dumped in a lot of hours.  I highly enjoyed playing Fable II.  Gave me many nights of enjoyment.  I would recommend picking this up used.  I wish the game was a bit better towards the end.  I had so much money and power it was almost to easy at one point.




Game #62
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Released: August 22, 2005

I have no idea.  I believe it's a RTS on a handheld.


Game #61
Alan Wake
Released: May 18, 2010


Alan Wake, one of my personal favorite games.  I bought this when I was in Canada. Traded "Two Worlds II" for this.  If you enjoy thrillers and a mind fuck, then this game is right up your ally.  I still want to get the DLC since there's more to do.  The writing was pretty good, and I can remember dancing on the tables saying "I'm Alan Wake, I'm dangerous!"



Game #60
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II
Released: February 19, 2009


Another RTS that I never got into.  It's suppose to be really good, but not good enough to break rank 60.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blast away! I'm all ears. SPAM me and it gets erased. :)