Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Real John Spartan


Is Halo a rip-off of Demolition Man?  In Demolition Man, the protagonist is a man named John Spartan, who gets cryogenically frozen and then is later thawed out when a threat arises that only he can pacify.  In Halo, a man named John, who is a Spartan, gets thawed out from his cryogenic sleep in order to stop an alien menace that only he can quell.  Both feature a female sidekick who annoys the protagonist at every turn, and has the ability to get inside the protagonist's head.  

I could go on, but why bother?  I've clearly made my point.

"But here's one difference...  When Master Chief speaks, people can actually understand what the hell he's saying."   lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blast away! I'm all ears. SPAM me and it gets erased. :)