Saturday, June 25, 2011

Battlefield 3 - PS3 vs PC

Yes kiddies, it was only a matter of time before the community cried out and said "Why doesn't the PS3 look as good as the PC?"

Well little Billy, I'll tell you why.  The consoles are pushing 5+ years old.  Using videocards that can only do DirectX 9.1, and the consoles just don't have the horse power that current "bleeding edge" computers have.  The PC has multicore processors, several GIGS of RAM, $500+ videocards with up to 1.5Gb of DDR5 RAM.  I mean, people who think that consoles can do anything are blinded by their own ignorance.

Regardless, the game still looks amazing.  It was told that the PS3 version is the latest console build.  Also that the XBOX 360 will have a special "lightning" that the PS3 won't.  There hasn't been much talk about the XBOX 360's lightning, but only time will show us.

Until then, what do you guys and girls think of the two?  I don't mind losing a bit of detail.  I know there's no 1080p support and only 30FPS, but the game will still be epic.  I believe Battlefield 3 and Crysis 2 are the two best looking games on the consoles, and I believe there won't be anything that will push current console technology any further.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blast away! I'm all ears. SPAM me and it gets erased. :)